About Studio 2324
Studio 2324 has been teaching students of Port Stephens for 30 years. In this time we have evolved to cater for Pre-School dancers through to Pre-Professional training, offering VET courses for those wanting to pursue a career in dance.
The most popular Pre School dance classes are the “READY SET DANCE” classes which run most weekday mornings, you can be sure your child will learn coordination, build confidence and learn to express themselves creatively in a safe space. Our team is experienced and passionate about providing a fun and positive experience for our preschoolers.
On the other end of the scale, our Vocational Education and Training courses, including Certificate II and III in Dance, offer high school students the chance to study part time while at school and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
We have become a dance mecca having trained thousands of students over the years who have progressed on to international & domestic careers.
Adults are also well catered for with Jazz, Tap and Silver Swans ballet classes that run in the mornings and in the evenings. We cater for both beginners and the more advanced ex-dancer in our fun filled classes.
The Studio is open for all ages, 6 days a week Monday to Saturday with classes for all recreational levels and abilities in RAD Classical Ballet, LGTDA Tap, Jazz, Rambert Contemporary, Musical Theatre, PBT (Progressing Ballet Technique) and Pilates.
Child Safe Commitment Statement
Studio 2324 is strongly committed to safe, supportive and friendly environments where children and young people are valued and enjoy dance.
We will prioritise and focus on the physical, mental, emotional, and cultural wellbeing of children and young people to unlock their full potential.
The Studio has adopted the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework and we take seriously our responsibility to provide an environment that is caring, nurturing and safe.
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe
- We have zero tolerance to child abuse and neglect.
- Through our Child Safe Policy, we document our clear commitment to keeping children and young people safe from abuse and neglect.
- We actively listen to children and young people and ensure that they are informed about their rights.
We promote equity and respect diversity
- We consider the needs of children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- We respect the rights of children who identify as LGBTQI+ to be recognised for their gender identity, sexual orientation or intersex status and to feel safe and respected when participating in dance.
We ensure that our people are suitable to work with children
- We require all staff to undergo mandatory screening prior to commencement, including Working with Children Checks.
- We have embedded child safety into our recruitment processes.
We encourage reporting of all complaints and concerns
- We encourage reporting of any allegation, disclosure or concern regarding child abuse, neglect or harm.
- We respond to all allegations, disclosures or concerns and act to ensure that processes are fair, transparent and child focused.
- We will meet the requirements of legislated mandatory reporting requirements, including Australian Child Protection Legislation.
We ensure that environments are safe
- We will identify and implement improvements to our physical environments to minimise opportunities for abuse to occur.
- We actively seek to create environments where children and young people feel safe.
We maintain and improve our policies and practices
- We are committed to maintaining and improving our policies, procedures and practices to keep children and young people safe from abuse or neglect.
- We have an appointed Child Safe Champion who is responsible for the implementation of the ASC Child Safe Policy.
78C Port Stephens St
Dance Classes • Dance Studio • Ready Set Dance • Jazz Tuition • Ballet Classes • Tap Classes • RAD Classical Ballet • Jazz • L.G.T.D.A Tap • Contemporary • National Character • Musical Theatre • HSC Tuition
Vocational education and training courses
Raymond Terrace • Port Stephens